More details will come in the next Shuttlecock, but we wanted to inform all members of the voting results from the Semi-Annual Meeting held last Sunday May 19th.
All motions passed with nearly unanimous votes.
Motion on Proposal #1:
Approved: Change the Bylaws to move the date of the semi-annual meeting to the first Sunday in November (vs second) to avoid conflicts with the Veterans Day Holiday. (Exact wording of changes in redline version of bylaws, highlighted in red)
Motion on Proposal #2:
Approved: Change the Bylaws to specifically allow electronic means of sending communications, such as email. Original proposal amended to allow a member to request notices via US Mail, and to send any notice of forfeiture, expulsion or suspension via US Mail. (Exact wording of changes in redline version of bylaws, highlighted in green)
Motion on Proposal #3:
Approved: Change the Bylaws to:
1. Increase dues for EXISTING members
2. Raise rates for NEW members, who join after 6/1/2019
3. Increase membership fee (non-refundable) for NEW members, who join after 6/1/2019.
(Exact wording of these changes in redline version of bylaws, highlighted in blue)
Please Note: Dues will increase effective June 1st, and will be reflected in your upcoming billing statement.
Dues for current members will be:
- $60/mo for Regular, Provisional, Legacy, and Playing Members;
- $40/mo for Intermediate Associate Members;
- $30/mo for Associate Members