Mira Costa in the Final Four! Come out and support them! Court Closing - May 5; possible closing May 7
- MCHS Badminton Team in the Final Four against Cerritos H.S. this Thursday @ MBBC @ 3pm. This is a big deal. The team has fought its way to the last for teams vying for the CIF-SS High School Championship. Everyone is invited to come and support the team. The team traveled into hostile territory and eked out a 12-9 victory against San Gabriel H.S. Tuesday and beat Baldwin Park H.S. Monday. The courts be closed Thursday, May 5 from 2:45 - 6:30pm and, if MCHS wins, again on Saturday, May 7 (time tbd) for the CIF tournament. The court availability status will be updated here periodically
Semi-Annual Meeting - May 15
- The semi-annual meeting will be held at MBBC on Sunday, May 15. The happy hour/social begins at 3pm and the meeting begins at 4pm. Most members are required to attend at least one of the two semi-annual meetings, so if you did not attend in November 2015, you will need to attend this one to avoid a fine. If you attended the November 2015 meeting, you may submit a proxy for the May 2016 meeting to avoid a fine (the proxy must be received in time however; check the by-laws for more information). A copy of the Proxy form can be downloaded here Proxy Form. The Workday Credit Report has been updated through approximately May 2 and can be accessed via the link in the "Updates" section below.
Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic Continues in May
- Dean Schoppe will be hosting a free badminton clinic for adults every Monday night in May, June and July. The clinic will be from 8pm-9:30pm and will focus on "Hitting and Moving." You must be a MBBC member to participate. For more information, call Dean on his cell: 310-505-3535.
MBBC Junior International Tournament Dates
- The MBBC Junior International will be held from August 3-7, 2016 at MBBC. Additional information will be posted at www.mbbcjr.com
Private Badminton Lessons for Non-Members
- Non-members who wish to take private badminton lessons from Coach must complete and sign the Lessons Application form
Private Swim Lessons
Since 1992, Bob Scott has provided private swim lessons to members. Parents must fill out a Swim Lesson Application form, sign and have it approved by the Vice-President prior to the start of any lessons.
Once approved, contact Bob Scott @ 310-545-4489 or via email Bob4chemenv@earthlink.net to make arrangements for times and rates.
- Swim lessons are for members only. No friends, relatives, grandchildren or Junior Playing members.
- Fiscal 2015-2016 Workday Report (Updated through approximately May 2 2016. Please notify the Vice President if you believe there is an error)
- Current Shuttlecock (posted 5/3) - April 2016
Frequently Requested Forms
- Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form
- Members' Expense Form
- Member Contact List - Last updated February 2016
Upcoming Events (subject to change, so please check back)
|5/5||CIF Semifinals||2:45pm - 6:45pm||Courts|
|5/6||Conference Championships (note: not the high school tournament)||9am - 2pm||Courts, Lounge|
|5/9||Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic||8pm - 9:30pm||Courts|
|5/14||Workday||8am - noon||Various|
|5/15||Semiannual Meeting||3pm - 7:30pm||Lounge, Patio|
|5/16||Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic||8pm - 9:30pm||Courts|
|5/22||SoCal Crew Tournament||11am - 8pm||Courts, Kitchen, Lounge|
|5/23||Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic||8pm - 9:30pm||Courts|
|5/30||Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic||8pm - 9:30pm||Courts|
|6/11||Workday||8am - noon||Various|
|6/11||Grub at the Club||noon - 6pm||Pool, Lounge|
|6/24||Friday Night Tournament||7:30pm - 9:30pm||Courts, Kitchen, Lounge|
For additional events, go to Calendar & Schedule