The final(?) Workday and Meeting Credits Report for Fiscal 2015-2016 is available. For a link, go to the "Updates" section below
August 13 and September 10 Workdays Rescheduled
- The workday originally scheduled for August 13 has been rescheduled to August 27. The workday originally scheduled for September 10 has been rescheduled to September 17
Pub at the Club Beer and Food Festival - August 28
- Pub at the Club is a Craft Beer & Food Fest to benefit Manhattan Beach Badminton Club's Junior Foundation including Special Needs and Para Athletic Programs. Be one of the hundreds of craft beer lovers to descend upon Manhattan Beach on Sunday, August 28 from 2-5 p.m. for the Manhattan Beach Badminton Club Junior Foundation’s 1st annual “Pub at the Club” Beer and Food Festival. MBBC will transform the entire Club into a beer tasting extravaganza, welcoming more than 40 local and regional premium craft breweries and 10 amazing restaurants to the South Bay. 100% of the ticket sales will be donated to their Junior Foundation Programs. MBBC Jr. Foundation is a charity dedicated to developing champions on and off the court by supporting all athletes, including special need and para-athletes. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to www.eventbrite.com. This event is open to the public.
Pool Closure - August 28
- The pool will be closed all day Sunday, August 28
Free Adult Beginners Badminton Clinic
- Dean Schoppe will be hosting a free badminton clinic for adults every Monday night in August and September (except Labor Day). The clinic will be from 8pm-9:30pm. You must be a MBBC member to participate. For more information, call Dean on his cell: 310-505-3535.
Dave Ogata Fall Masters Badminton Classic Tournament
- This senior tournament is scheduled for November 4-6, 2016. For more information about the tournament and to enter, visit tournamentsoftware.com
Private Badminton Lessons for Non-Members
- Non-members who wish to take private badminton lessons from Coach must complete and sign the Lessons Application form
Private Swim Lessons
Since 1992, Bob Scott has provided private swim lessons to members. Parents must fill out a Swim Lesson Application form, sign and have it approved by the Vice-President prior to the start of any lessons.
Once approved, contact Bob Scott @ 310-545-4489 or via email Bob4chemenv@earthlink.net to make arrangements for times and rates.
- Swim lessons are for members only. No friends, relatives, grandchildren or Junior Playing members.
- Final (?) Fiscal 2015-2016 Workday Report (Updated through approximately June 23 2016. Please notify the Vice President if you believe there is an error)
- Current Shuttlecock (posted 6/9) - May 2016
Frequently Requested Forms
- Automatic Withdrawal Authorization Form
- Members' Expense Form
- Member Contact List - Last updated February 2016
Upcoming Events (subject to change, so please check back)
|8/15||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|8/22||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|8/26||Friday Night Tournament||7:30pm - 9:30pm||Courts, Kitchen, Lounge|
|8/27||Workday||8am - noon||Various|
|8/28||Pub at the Club||1pm - 5pm||Pool, Lounge|
|8/29||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|9/12||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|9/17||Workday||8am - noon||Various|
|9/19||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|9/26||Free Beginners Clinic (members only)||8pm - 9:30pm||Various|
|9/30||Friday Night Tournament||7:30pm - 9:30pm||Courts, Kitchen, Lounge|
|10/8||Workday||8am - noon||Various|
|10/14||MBBC's 80th Birthday||All Day||tbd|
|10/28||Friday Night Tournament||7:30pm - 9:30pm||Courts, Kitchen, Lounge|
For additional events, go to Calendar & Schedule